Or, 10 reasons why we should take back our country, NOW!
As Republicans campaign against Democrat incumbents nationwide, I hope they will add the following list of reasons to help them make their case to voters.
10. TARP or as I like to call it the Congressional Relief Action Program - The money for TARP was so urgent that Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid and company didn’t add any transparency to the process and now we don’t know where much of the money went.
9. First Stimulus Bill - It stimulated spending in Democrat Congressional districts and created almost no new jobs.
8. Auto Bailout - Another bailout and another expansion of government.
7. ACORN – This corrupt organization was a favorite of House and Senate Democrats and well funded by their congressional patrons. Voters will remember.
6. Obama Czars – Special advisors to the President, circumventing the traditional Congressional confirmation process. The Obama administration’s widespread and deliberate use of “Czars” is a misuse of power and needs to be reined in.
5. CAP and TAX – Another massive tax increase on American families and small businesses.
4. Ben Nelson’s Payoff – Ben Nelson sold his health care vote to Harry Reid for $300+ million in lower taxes for Nebraska.
3. The $12 Trillion+ National Debt – Democrats in Congress spending money they don’t have. Mortgaging our children’s future.
2. Nationwide Unemployment rate at 10% - The Democrats are spending money like it’s going out of style and yet they are ignoring policies that would create new jobs.
1. The Government Takeover of Health Care - If the bill that comes out of Congress is signed into law, it will amount to a massive government expansion into our daily lives. It is the number one reason why Democrats should be defeated.
(I can't remember where I found this, but I thought it was worth posting. However, I'm thinking that it should read "Conservatives vs. Democrats"! What's your take on the whole thing?)
Stellmon Quarterly Summer 2017
9 months ago