Thursday, May 28, 2009

A Blog Award? I Can't Believe It!

I just received this awesome award (my very first!) from Jess

- who is so awesomely real in a very funny and humble way-

on her blog
"Messy Jess" . Check out her story about Gratitude!




If you hadn't already noticed, the logo of this award is a picture of a little lemonade stand. So the award must be for those who manage to make lemonade out of lemons.

This little figure of speech for some reason makes me think of all the ways I am grateful for my husband.
He really did take this lemon (me) and made some lemonade! (well, he is still trying to . . .and that is BIG!)


Here are just a very few of the many reasons that I have to be grateful for my hubby:

He always puts his family first
-Whether it is church activities, vacations, or schooling, or any other need that our children and I have, he makes sure that we get to where we need to go, and have everything that we need to do it.

He puts up with me!
-If I am working on my church calling, or working toward a goal that I have made for myself, or even just busy working on a hobby, he always make sure I have the time and resources that I need.
-If I am moody, cranky, or just plain being a jerk - no, he doesn't just tread softly and wait until I get over it. He calls me on it, tells me how I've been acting, and why it makes him crazy, and tells me to knock it off. This may seems brutal, or insensitive, but it is just the opposite. He is sensitive enough to know that this is exactly what I need!
He knows me well enough to know that I don't want to be a moody, cranky, or jerk-ish person.
And who better to tell me than the person who is around me and loves me the most!

I am thankful that he is a good person
-Anyone that knows him knows that he will do anything for anyone to help them. He has always been that way. It most definitely stems from when so many times as child, people who cared helped them when his mom was struggling to raise a large family, working two jobs, and trying to make their meager dollars stretch as far as they could. He learned to be grateful to them, and he vowed to himself that he would always help those in need.
-He never wavers. As long as I have known him, he has always chosen to take the high road. To always do the more right thing, given a choice between two good things - even if it was the more difficult thing. I hope that our kids will develop this trait, in spite of my weaker character.

He is never stingy with his affection
-He is always first to tell me that he loves me, and he never forgets. He always tells the kids how much he loves them, and hugs and kisses are plentiful all around.

I love you, my precious husband.
Thank you . . .
Here are the rules for the blog award:
1. Put the logo on your blog or post
2. Nominate at least 10 blogs that show an attitude of gratitude
3. Link to your nominees within your post
4. Comment on their blogs to let them know they've received this award
5. Share the love and link to this post and the person who nominated you for the award
6. Tell us how you've come to have an attitude of gratitude


So, here are my ten picks for the blogs with an Attitude of Gratitude:

All Good Things Come . . .

I luv fireflys

Laughing At Life's Little Wedgies

Memoirs Of Mommy

Merrianne

Mislaid Musings and Random Ramblings

My Kitchen Cafe

So Declare the Javier's

that's what she said...

We're Glad! Are You?

Webbs - because really... all you need is love...


I think I actually ended up with eleven. . . oh, well, the rules did say "at least"!
And there were many more that I could have picked...it was so hard to choose!

14 comments:

Me (aka Danielle) said...

Congrats on the award! And what a sweet tribute to your hubby!

Vicki Johnson said...

Loralee- You are so sweet and inspirational. You DESERVE an award!!!
I love you and I love knowing that you read my blog thank you for all of your sweeeeeet comments and support.

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for the award, Loralee. You are amazing. I always love to read your posts. Thanks for finding me in the blogging world and taking the time to share your world with those of us who read your blog.

Messy Jess said...

In the past few weeks I've realized that I haven't been putting my husband first. I really appreciated your post. Gillette just broke off into 4 wards along with a spanish branch and college branch. They redefined the ward boundries - it's been very exciting.

lynsie said...

Oh Loralee, THANK YOU!!! Today i was talking to a dear friend about lemons and lemonade. It seems to be a topic of conversation quite often for me lately! I haven't been posting as often, I've been pretty sick and my laptop is running super slow, so i will for sure repost the award when I get a chance! THANK YOU!!!!

Sunshine Designed said...

Thank You, I'm honored! I enjoy your blog so much. Isn't the blogosphere fantastic in that we get to meet and grow from people we would not have met otherwise. Thanks for sharing your tales and perspectives on life. Great to know you!
Now lets' see if I know how to download this great award. I can't believe it.

Anonymous said...

THANK YOU LORALEE!! and i love everything you said about your hudband! :) very sweet and romantic!

susette said...

You are an angel. Thanks for sharing your kindness with us. I will come grab this and get it posted soon when I don't have to dash.
Have a lovely day my friend ☼

mCat said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

Bog awards are the best right? Even though we tend to write for ourselves, it's fun to see others enjoy it too.

Nice shout out to your hubby! It seems that lately, as I look around, I see relationships falling apart everywhere, and I count my blessings for a wonderful husband.

And my favorite phrase I'm gonna start using? The MORE good part. LOVE IT!

The Birthday Group said...

Thank you so much Loralee!!! This is so awesome and thank you for thinking of me.

Shauna said...

Hope you have a great weekend :)

Trapped and Screaming said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Feel free to come back at any time. . .

Congrats on the blog award. It's always nice to know someone appreciates the things you say! And what a great tribute to your husband!

Melanie said...

Thanks, Loralee! So sweet. I loved your list of things you are grateful about your husband. Very thoughtful!

trublubyu said...

thank you! that is so sweet of you to think of me!

and i love this post! it is a great reminder to look for all the positives!