Sunday, June 7, 2009

Who Wanted the Fruit Pizza Recipe?

Not too long ago, I posted this picture:

It is theee most delicious dessert you can imagine! I had a few requests for the recipe, so here ya go!


Fruit Pizza



Start with-


Snickerdoodle Cookie Crust

1 1/2 cups sugar
3/4 cup margarine, slightly softened
2 large eggs
2 3/4 cups all purpose white flour
2 tsp cream of tartar
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt



Heat oven to 400 degrees. Mix the sugar, margarine, and eggs in large bowl. Blend together flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt, and stir into wet mixture. Take all the dough out of the bowl and press evenly onto cookie sheet. Bake for approx 10-12 minutes; but only until center is barely cooked. Let it cool completely.

Mix together:

1 8 oz package cream cheese
1 cup powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup whipped topping

Beat mixture together until smooth. Spread over the cooled cookie dough. Then go crazy with fruit slices of your choice! Strawberries, kiwi, bananas, pineapple, mandarin oranges, and huckleberries are our favorite combos. But if you don't have huckleberries, blueberries or grapes are good substitutes.

Enjoy!

And - let me know if you made this and how it turned out! I would love to hear if you modified it in any way to make it different/better.

Thanks!

9 comments:

Erin said...

Ooh, yummy! I really shouldn't have read this recipe while hungry, especially since I don't have all of the ingredients to make this right now!

mCat said...

Fruit pizza is my most FAVORITE dessert. Okay, maybe not the MOST, but up there in my top ten and so super easy to make that even I can handle it! Now, since I don't have the ingredients and it is the Sabbath, I think I'll settle for ice cream and a brownie....

Cynthia said...

Anything that starts with a 'Snickerdoodle Cookie Crust' simply cannot be bad. And hey! There's fruit on it- it HAS to be healthy!

Actually, it does look pretty yummy. I'll bet my kids would love it. Thanks for sharing.

Me (aka Danielle) said...

YUM! This looks sooo good!

Anonymous said...

This looks SO good. Thanks for sharing your recipe!!

Kate said...

That sounds so yummy. I wish I wasn't dieting still.

The Birthday Group said...

Oh...I miss huckleberries so much. We don't have them in Ohio. Send me some! I can't wait to make this dessert. Thank you for posting the recipe.

LyndiLou said...

yUUUm!!! Thanks sooo much for posting this! I want to compare it to another fruit pizza recipe we have and see which is better... or just have twice as much yummy-ness to eat! ;) HAH!!!

Nathan said...

Looks delicious!