Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Ya Know How You are Always Hearing that People in North Idaho are Crazy Rednecks?...

Ok, so that everyone truly knows what rednecks we are up here in North Idaho, I will share some photos of our outhouse. When we bought our home 10 years ago, we found out that there was a RV septic cleanout in our backyard. So Mark - his idea; he is the N. Idaho native, after all - thought it would be really cool to have an outhouse in our backyard. An outhouse with a flushing toilet.
But I do have to fess up - shortly after we built it, we received a copy of an autobiography that my uncle wrote. In it there is an entire chapter 'devoted' to different kinds of outhouses... The missionaries especially enjoy having their picture taken by it for some reason which I have yet to understand. Must be a guy thing ... I think it's pretty famous throughout the mission . . .
...right up there with the story about the missionary that Mark talked in to preg testing a steer. . . but that's a whole 'nuther story. :)

1 comment:

Kelli Stellmon said...

Wow! I didn't know that little box actually had a toilet in it! Next time I'm in town, I'm gonna use it! Lol! Love you guys! Kelli