Friday, July 2, 2010

My Boys Love to Fish!

Last week, my two youngest boys went with their dad on an epic fishing trip.  It's always fun for my hubby to take our boys to the same campground that he loved to go to as a kid, in beautiful north Idaho.  No other place can possibly be more beautiful. . . and we are not biased in any way about it. . . .
A new friend of Mark's and his son came up to join them.  I think they will become great friends....
And they all caught some good sized fish.  (OK, so it's a small lake - how big can the fish get?)
They don't mind what the weather is like. . . as we speak, there is thunder and lightning going on here at home.  And 80 miles away, in the mountains, they are back at they favorite fishing spot. 
Hopefully, the storm will pass them right on by. . . but it not, they are tough guys.  They will stick it out, because tomorrow is supposed to be a beautiful day!

Have fun, guys!

7 comments:

alpinekleins said...

Boys and fishing just go together! and every once in a while girls two :)

Kristin

Mrs. O said...

They look like they had the time of their lives.

Joey Lynn Resciniti said...

I think the thrill of the catch is enough at that age and it looks like they had a lot of thrilling catches. Also those are pretty big fish for someone who's accustomed to catching tiny little guppies!

wendy said...

Good times for the boys eh.
It build wonderful memories for them.
I don't like touching the slimy fish once they are caught

mCat said...

I miss being little and fishing with my dad! Great fun

tammy said...

Like my father-in-law always says, nothing beats even a bad day of fishing.

Tammy said...

I LOVE your blog! It is the best family one that I have seen.
My boys all have a passion for fishing too. Memories of fishing with my own dad are special. My little granddaughter just got her first fishing pole at age four..Barbie Edition of course.