Monday, March 7, 2011

Chicken-Spinach Calzones - Yum!

Yep, you know that post way back when, where I that said I would try any recipes that you left for me in a comment?  Well, I finally remembered to make sure that I had all the ingredients to make this one - frozen spinach isn't something that I buy frequently, I am sorry to say. 

This recipe was absolutely delicious, not that you'd know it by looking at THIS post.  I completely forgot to take photos of the finished product before they all got devoured.  And the only thing I would do differently is to make the dough that I always use for bread - mostly because I am lazy and I believe it would  be more time-effective.  My recipe makes two loaves, so I would only use half of it for the calzones, and the other half I would go ahead and bake into a loaf.     Actually, biggest reason for this is that my 6 1/2 quart mixer is just too big for the small amount of dough that the recipe calls for.  Or, you could just double the dough recipe and make a bigger batch, if you have the larger mixer like I do.

Here is a Googled photo of the recipe.  I am amazed that they look soooo much like mine did . . . and I am sure these tasted much better than they look, like mine did, too!

Thank for for the recipe, Joey!

(Next recipe I will try is the Tuna Casserole from Cmom.  Don't know when, but I hopefully I will remember to take my own photo....)

3 comments:

LisAway said...

Oh, I've been wanting to make spinach calzones forever!! I'm going to have to try these (I always have spinach on hand. :) (and as you recommend I'll use my regular pizza/chicken roll dough.

Thanks for posting!

Lisa Jacques Elam said...

This sounds really good. I will have to try them! Thanks for the post and the picture. Now I will know what they are suppose to look like. LOL

Joey Lynn Resciniti said...

I'm glad you enjoyed it!