Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Elder Carey's Silly Stuff....and more Serious Situations!

Chad always loves to try and freak me out, but does he think that I am this gullible...?

It is amazing that they can still have great big smiles on their faces, considering they just got robbed - at gunpoint. Chad said, (his words)

"Guess what! I got robbed! Cool huh? A couple of guys pulled a gun on my companion and me in the street, stole our bags, was kind of fun really. My companion has his bag back because one of them tried to sell "Mormon stuff" to Carlos' mom (one of their investigators) and she knew him personally and took one of the bags back and told him that he needed to return my bag or he is going to jail. He still hasn’t returned my bag so I have a problem, now I don’t have a few important things, like my hymn book & consecrated oil. I’m using some extra scriptures right now, but I’m going to need new ones in case it happens again". Wow...? I'm glad that he has lots of people praying for his safety as he serves his mission.One of the guys who robbed him...
(No, just kidding. I don't know what this picture is all about, and I don't think I really want to know...do I???)

OK - Here's an update of this post: Chad (Oops, Elder Carey) told me that the guy on the target is his companion, and they were just goofing off. (seems to do a lot of that! But they are getting baptisms, so this must have been done on a Monday). And the photo above where Chad is with the blond guy, that is one of the guys that he was with in the MTC, so it was sort of a reunion at the zone conference...

2 comments:

Michelle said...

For some reason I recognize his sense of humor as one that seems to be a bit prevalent in our family! Your brothers come to mind! HA Glad he's safe anyway!

Kathy's Boys said...

I did freak out when I saw the picture of the steam roller (or whatever its called!) at first. Hi, Loralee,
love catching up on your blog. Your sons work is beautiful. I'd love to put him to work on my house!!