Sunday, February 1, 2009

Who IS This Blogger . . . ?

This is not the usual blogger, Loralee. I am new to blogging so forgive me if I don't use the proper smiley faces=]. I'm sure you have many questions, like, what does this person look like, why is he or she blogging here, and who is this crazy person? Here are your answers: First, I am the short blond girl with the pink shirt and half pony-tail in the picture at the top. Second, because my mom won't let me have my own blog or a Facebook, just this one post. . . and maybe another one if this one gets good comments. And if you haven't already figured it out, I am Noelle, Loralee's eleven year old daughter.

I want to base this post on the subject that my parents won't let me have my own blog. Like I said before, I want good comments, but not just for the reason I mentioned. I thought maybe if I did a really good job on this post they might let me have my own blog. Then I had an idea, maybe I could do a poll to see if people, like you, wanted to see or hear more from me. At the end of this week I will count up how many people said yes.=] and how many people said no=[
I hope you all vote yes, because I believe I have major blogging skills. It runs through my veins, obviously I get it from my mom. Who knows what witty things I'll say on my next post. Just think, you could laugh at a new post until you explode, at least once a week.


Here is my attempt to make you vote yes. I guess I shouldn't say attempt because I know I'll succeed. Here is a riddle for you - what animal can jump as high as a tree? . . . are you stumped yet? Here's the answer . . .

Any animal, trees can't jump!=] Pretty funny, right? I know, kind of lame. Okay, think blogger. . . blogger. . . Ummmmm.
Anyway, I will think of plenty more, so make sure you vote yes, though I don't think it will matter anyway. Maybe not, but you never know so I need all the support I can get. Just leave a comment with your vote and it will make me smile, which is all that matters, right?=D (look, I found the right smiley face, I think).

13 comments:

Barbaloot said...

Not gonna lie---those are some impressive blogging skills.

But trust me when I tell you that you don't wanna get sucked into the blogging world at this point in your life. You still have the chance to be outside in the real world, interracting with real people. If you start blogging now, you'll become a slave to it. Don't give in!

Missy said...

Your so cute Noelle! And you do have great skills I must say! I think you oughta start your own blog just for the mere fact that you could hone in on your creativity and it could be a great journal for you! You get a YES vote from me:)

Pancake said...

Noelle, girl you have got some skills!

I understand your moms concern. There are some ways your mom can protect you from the weirdos that are out there, make your blog private. That way, you are safe. You can enjoy your blog, your friends can get on, but no one else! You are safe...Which is the most important thing of all. Good luch and let us know what your mom says!

Anonymous said...

I say your mom ought to let you post weekly on her blog.

But other than that, I am sorry to agree with your parents. My older kids can't blog or facebook yet either. And they are 12 and 14 years old. I guess parents are just lame that way, huh?

Kathy's Boys said...

Well, I'm right in the middle with my vote! You ARE a great writer, and I DID enjoy reading your post! But ...I never wanted my boys to waste their time ( like their mom does) on the computer! Maybe if you keep posting on your moms we can all enjoy it and your friends can check out you and your moms at the same time! Sorry, not what you wanted to hear right? (I'm Elder Petersons Mom, you might have been too young to remember him) Oh yeah, and how about that girl on American Idol from Rathdrum! We are hoping she does well! Do you know them? (The family she lives with)

LyndiLou said...

Noelle... You sound fun and cute and it makes PERFECT sense that your Mom wants to keep you safe and protected from all the creepy weirdos that live all over the internet. If your Mom let's you blog on her account... that sounds like a great idea! You are a good little blogger: creative and witty... so enjoy your weekly post with your Mom! ;)

You should start a paper blog... aka journal or scrapbook! Then you won't let all your cretivity go to waste! Be careful and always listen to your Mom! I can tell she loves you!

Kelli Stellmon said...

Boy, I am a fence-sitter too. I have seen what happens when kids get wrapped up and warped by the blogsosphere, like facebook, myspace, etc. Perhaps a private blog.....just post on your mom's once a week. I LOVED your post. You are very talented too! It's a tough call. Just remember Noelle, your parents would NEVER lead you in the wrong direction. They may err on the safe side, but that's better than the alternative!

Goob said...

oh kiddo...we're such a bunch of mean moms around these parts. Your post was great, and I'll bet your mom would love to let you guest post some more, but its probably not quite time for your own blog yet. Your mama wants you safe, and so do the rest of us.

Pancake said...

Loralee!

That is a great idea! (The title and the way to set up a forum on asking mormons questions)I thought the questions were done, but I got a couple more, WOW and missionaries. The Missionary one is easier. Like all the questions, it is hard to teach it at a level that is easily understood and SHORT! This is one ladies second round of questions.

If you have any great ideas on how best to teach this principle with a promise.. email me!
LDmcewen@aol.com

Shelle-BlokThoughts said...

I VOTE YES to allowing Noelle to blog on YOUR blog...she's funny!!! :) Especially when she said, "blogger...think blogger"

Crackin' me up!!!

Your family is BEAUTIFUL by the way! :)

trublubyu said...

loralee-- thanks for being willing to guest post at my place. i'm gonna figure it out and then let you know when i will have you post. probably soon. so get ready.

R Allen said...

Surely runs in the family, this blogging talent... got my vote!

Mariann Alexander said...

Okay, I'm totally late!!! BLOG, BLOG, BLOG!!!! It's way more family friendly!!!